Exporting Contacts From Your iPhone
Verify that your phone is synced with iCloud
- Click on the Settings gear in your phone
- Click on your name towards the top of the screen
- Select “iCloud” and make sure the contacts toggle is swiped on (green)
If the iCloud toggle is not green, click on the toggle to turn it green.
Find the contacts you want to export
This step has to be completed on your computer, not a mobile device.
- Go to iCloud.com and sign in with your apple login information (make sure you know your Apple ID & password!-- Available in:)
- Click on “Contacts”
- Click on the Settings gear icon in the very bottom left corner and choose “Select All” from the provided list
- Click on the Settings gear icon again and choose “Export vCard…” from the list
Clicking this button saves the file to your computer (usually in a downloads folder); you’ll want to make sure you know where it’s located before continuing to Step 3. It initially saves in .vcf format. No worries; we will convert this shortly.
- Optional: You may want to rename the file name on your computer as “iPhoneContacts” instead of the name that it downloads as for greater ease later.
Convert the file to CSV format
- Go to this website on your computer: http://labs.brotherli.ch/vcfconvert
- Click “Choose File” and upload the .vcf file you saved in Step 2.
- Select “CSV” from the Format drop-down menu and select ‘’Comma’’ in the drop-down provided to the right of that
- Click the “convert” button.
The file will be automatically downloaded to your PC. If you don’t get an automatic prompt to save, just check your computer's download folder. You may also want to rename the file as “iPhoneContacts.csv”, so you remember what that file contains once it’s imported into First with all your other contacts.